Do your little ones hate veggies? We found a really easy way to turn your kid’s favorite food, Mac and Cheese, into a healthy alternative that is super easy to make. Hide your veggies in this deliciously cheesy treat that is good enough for the whole family to enjoy.
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 small head of cauliflower, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup milk 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 4 TBS butter
- 16 oz of pasta
- Cook your veggies in a saucepan filled ¼ of the way for 5-7 minutes. Drain them and let them cool for a minute.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Blend the veggies up with about 3/4 cup of water and puree until smooth. Add the puree into a large saucepan. On medium-low heat, add in the milk, salt, cheddar, butter and cream cheese and stir until melted.
- Drain the pasta, add to the sauce and stir.
And that’s all it takes to make add veggies into your picky eater’s diet. Check out our video on Instagram where we show you how to make it step by step. Let us know if you made your own version and if your little one’s could tell they were being tricked!