You must be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel if you are preparing your bags, what an exciting time! We as a whole team have put together a list based on our labor experiences. A list of absolute essentials as well as a list of items that aren’t necessary but are very nice & helpful to have. You’ve got a lot on your mind, so we prepared a list for baby & dad as well!
Essentials for Moms bag:
- Birth Plan (if you have one)
- 2 pairs of pajamas, button-down if you plan to nurse.
- Toiletry bag
- Comfortable clothes
- Go home outfit
- extra long phone charger
- Some makeup for photos
Nonessential but definitely nice:
- Pillows from home
- Bath towels
- Tripod to take family pictures with a timer
- Snacks, hospital food isn’t the best
- Breastpump (if you are planning to breastfeed)
- Most hospitals will supply one, but if you are new to breastfeeding you should take advantage of having a lactation consultant available while using the pump you will have at home.
- Portable Bluetooth speaker
- If you love to listen to music often, you might enjoy a labor playlist! Add plenty of songs, you don’t know how long your labor will be.
- The sound machine in case you have trouble sleeping.
- 1-2 lounge outfits
- Extra-long charger
- 2 Pajamas
- Bedding (Blankets, Sheets, Pillows)
- More snacks
- Camera, if you have one
- Extra soft baby outfits
- Take home outfit
- Swaddle blankets
- Bassinet Crib Sheet
- For photo purposes: Wooden sign, letter board, hello my name is sign
Is there something that we missed? Let us know below!