We partnered with Myriam, founder of MOTHERCOULD, to create this amazing rainbow activity that is perfect for a rainy day, or any day at home with your little ones. Follow her for tons of in-home activities to stimulate and spend time with your kids in the most creative ways posible. Enjoy and feel free to share your rainbow experience with us. Send us pictures, and match their work with their rainbow pajama made of 100% pima cotton!
Teach your child why it rains with this colorful science experiment. Why does it rain? Well, when clouds get filled with water and become heavy, drops of rain start to fall from them. It goes without say that this activity is perfect for a rainy day :). And the best part is you probably have the materials around the house.
- Shaving cream
- Food coloring
- Large syringe or dropper
- Bowl (1 large, 6 small)
- Fill the large bowl 3/4 of the way up with tap water.
- Finish filling the bowl with shaving cream.
- Add a couple of drops of food coloring to a bit of water in the small bowls. Repeat 6 times, 1 for each color of the rainbow.
- Using a large syringe, have the child transfer the colored water to the shaving cream cloud.
- As you add more water to the “cloud”, you’ll start to see the water underneath turn colors.