Hidden Spinach Chocolate Muffins
Struggling to get greens into your toddlers diet? We borrowed a great recipe from Lemon & Zest where she created a way to hide spinach in chocolate muffins! Combining muffin ingredients & a green smoothie to sneak greens into every bite, your little ones will never know!
Check out the recipe on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reel/CpvyuQ6Kvho/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- 3 teaspoons milk (almond milk or regular both work!)
- 1 egg
- ½ c sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ c Greek yogurt full fat
- 3 T oil
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅔ c cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, or table salt
- ½ c dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine milk, bananas and spinach in a high powered blender and blend until mostly smooth. A few lumps is ok.
3. Transfer "smoothie" to a medium mixing bowl.
4. Add egg and stir to lightly whisk.
5. Add sugar, vanilla, oil and Greek yogurt and stir to combine.
6. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, sea salt and cocoa powder and stir to combine.
7. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir to fold in. Stir in the chocolate chips, saving some or adding extra in for topping.
8. Line a 12 muffin pan with muffin liners and spoon batter into each.
9. Add chocolate chips to the tops of each muffin.
10. Bake for about 18-22 minutes or until you can put a toothpick in the center and it comes up clean.
11. Cool for several minutes before serving.
12. Store in an airtight container for up to 3-5 days.
Follow along with us!
For more recipes like this, visit Lemon & Zest !