DIY CUSTOM SHADES
We are becoming the queens or taking something old & making it NEW! Letter beads have been so trendy in 2020, so we have taken the trend and turned it into a DIY craft with things you probably already have at home!
Andrea, a cofounder of Noomie, did this activity with her girls & they loved it! Not only did it take plenty of time (LOL) but it kept them calm and focused on something that they were designing for themselves. This is a great opportunity to improve fine motor skills & practice letter recognitions. If your kids are old enough, you can let them help glue the beads carefully to the sunglasses.
All you need:
- An old pair of glasses
- Letter beads, shape beads, rhinestones, whatever you have!
- Hot glue gun, or super glue (use with caution)
What to do:
- Pick out all of the beads or gems you’ll use
- Glue them carefully to the frame of the glasses
- Let dry/cool
- Let your little ones rock them & post a picture in their new shades!
This activity pairs perfectly with our new SHADES collection, come take a look!
Looking for some more activities? Take a look at some of our past ideas & follow along for future posts!